Change a life, every single day. The Kentucky United Methodist Children’s Homes (KyUMH) is seeking passionate, mission driven individuals interested in life-changing work. Our goal is to help our clients find healing and build a brighter future through professional therapeutic interventions. We believe every child is a person of worth, entitled to God’s gift of wholeness of life.
Are you a person with a passion to care for youth, encourage hope and advance their healing? If you say “Yes,” we would welcome the opportunity to talk with you about joining our team of mission driven women and men providing direct care services and supervision for youth to ensure their healing in our Residential Treatment and Independent Living programs.
We embrace the philosophy of the Ideal Team Player by Patrick Lencioni and seeks staff who embody these characteristics of Humble, Hungry and Smart.
Communications/Public Relations Coordinator
Summary of function:
The Communications/Public Relations Intern will assist the Communications/PR Coordinator with ongoing digital marketing and fundraising, event planning and execution, social media content creation, and other areas as assigned. This internship is by volunteer or course credit.
Organizational Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the mission, vision and philosophy of Kentucky United Methodist Children’s Homes as evidenced by compliance with all organizational policies and procedures.
- Supports all functions that attain and maintain accreditation and compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Supports and facilitates positive interaction with others as evidenced by: professional maturity, respect for others, a team-centered approach, maintenance of confidential information, and an appreciation of a multicultural workplace.
- Exhibits effective communication skills including proper use of agency communication systems.
- Exhibits sound stewardship by effectively managing information resources to achieve the objectives of Kentucky United Methodist Children’s Homes.
- Responsible for being courteous and professional to all public and staff while representing Kentucky United Methodist Children’s Homes.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information regarding the Home’s personnel, residents and financial information.
- Exhibits regular and punctual attendance.
Job Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee social media strategy and develop content for digital fundraising appeals and other regular content
- Assist with print appeal development design and proofing
- Assist with Children’s Voice newsletter content, design and proofing
- Attend weekly department meetings and report on projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Working toward degree in Communications, Graphic Design, Public Relations, Media Communications or related field.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and transportation to office as needed.
- Must have strong time management and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Successful background check.
- Intermediate – advanced knowledge of graphic design programs, word processing programs. Computer experience with Microsoft Outlook and Adobe Creative Suite required.
- Presents a professional image.
- Ability to communicate and work well with staff, vendors, support agencies and others
How to Apply:
Send the following to Rebecca Hurshman at email@example.com
- Cover Letter
- Three examples of graphic design work (digital and print)
- Three examples of written work (journalistic, persuasive, or feature writing)
Applications will be accepted until November 30, 2020.