Change a life, every single day. The Kentucky United Methodist Children’s Homes (KyUMH) is seeking passionate, mission driven individuals interested in life-changing work. Our goal is to help our clients find healing and build a brighter future through professional therapeutic interventions. We believe every child is a person of worth, entitled to God’s gift of wholeness of life.
Are you a person with a passion to care for youth, encourage hope and advance their healing? If you say “Yes,” we would welcome the opportunity to talk with you about joining our team of mission driven women and men providing direct care services and supervision for youth to ensure their healing in our Residential Treatment and Independent Living programs.
We embrace the philosophy of the Ideal Team Player by Patrick Lencioni and seeks staff who embody these characteristics of Humble, Hungry and Smart.
The Kentucky United Methodist Children's Homes is a Christian service agency dedicated to helping youth with histories of abuse and neglect find healing and build a brighter future through professional therapeutic interventions. We believe every child is an individual of worth, entitled to God's gift of wholeness of life. Founded 150 years ago by the Methodist Episcopal South as a widows’ and orphans’ home, the mission has transformed throughout the years to meet the most pressing needs of vulnerable children and families. We serve 800-1000 children annually in every county in Kentucky with an annual budget of $7.2 million.
Kentucky United Methodist Children’s Homes (KYUMH) seeks a Director of Major Gifts (entitled Director of Donor Relations) to help build and advance the mission of KYUMH by expanding and maintaining KYUMH’s funding from individuals. The ideal candidate is a philanthropic leader with a proven track record for building lasting relationships between donors and important causes. In addition, this candidate will be a mission-driven individual passionate about building support for this life-changing work. The Director of Donor Relations reports to the Vice President of Advancement and works in partnership with other Advancement staff. This person will help build and execute a major giving/planned giving program, and will be responsible for seeking new opportunities to develop and implement initiatives to secure funds for KYUMH by managing a group of assigned donors (caseload), assuring that as many as possible are retained as continuing donors to the organization and are upgraded in their giving and involvement. The benefit of this position will be the satisfaction of helping donors fulfill their passions and interests through their giving to the Kentucky United Methodist Children’s Homes.
· Contribute toward the development, management, and implementation of a major giving program
· Contribute to the revitalization and growth of the Planned Giving Program
· Qualify a caseload of 75+ key donors
· Create individual goals for each person on his or her caseload based on the donor’s history of giving and the organization’s knowledge of that donor’s potential
· Create a plan for each donor that will serve as a foundational communication and marketing plan for each person on the caseload; faithfully and, in a timely manner, execute that plan so that individuals on the caseload are retained and upgraded
· Develop strategies and approaches to generate ever-higher levels of giving
· Create monthly reports that accurately reflect caseload activity and performance
· Forge relationships with donors and cultivate annual donors to perpetuate their giving through planned gifts
· Develop and maintain key long-term relationships with donors and prospects
· Successfully complete face-to-face, telephone, handwritten, and email correspondence as established by annual performance goals
· Assist in developing plans for capital campaigns, endowment campaigns and other campaigns, as appropriate
· Record all contacts in Raiser’s Edge (donor database)including detailed information about meetings and all communication.
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Bachelors’ degree from a four-year accredited institution
· Minimum of five years fundraising experience, with experience in major gift fundraising
· Demonstrated experience and ability to be successful in face-to-face solicitation
· Sound administrative skills and computer/technology proficiency
· Efficient with donor database programs, especially Raiser’s Edge
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
· Represent KYUMH in a professional and ethical manner in accordance with the Association of Fundraising Professionals Code of Ethics with donors and prospects, and in all aspects of work in the community
Desired Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple projects and relationships
· Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
· Ability to thrive in a team environment
· High integrity and moral character
· Supportive of the mission, philosophy, policies and ideals Kentucky United Methodist Children’s Homes
· Maintain confidential information
Send your resume and accompanying cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications accepted until the Search Team is satisfied with a pool of candidates.