Change a life, every single day. The Kentucky United Methodist Children’s Homes (KyUMH) is seeking passionate, mission driven individuals interested in life-changing work. Our goal is to help our clients find healing and build a brighter future through professional therapeutic interventions. We believe every child is a person of worth, entitled to God’s gift of wholeness of life.
Are you a person with a passion to care for youth, encourage hope and advance their healing? If you say “Yes,” we would welcome the opportunity to talk with you about joining our team of mission driven women and men providing direct care services and supervision for youth to ensure their healing in our Residential Treatment and Independent Living programs.
We embrace the philosophy of the Ideal Team Player by Patrick Lencioni and seeks staff who embody these characteristics of Humble, Hungry and Smart.
KyUMH will provide you with . . .
· Full pay while you train and learn about our youth counseling (advocacy, care) programs
· Employee Assistance Program
· Affordable benefits for full time – health, dental, vision, vacation, retirement and more
· A regular schedule that will help you plan your life and meet your needs
· Opportunities in the greater Lexington or Owensboro area for gaining and expanding your professional skills.
KyUMH is an Equal Opportunity Employer
KyUMH is committed to maintaining a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
1. Can support the mission and vision of The Methodist Home as evidenced by compliance with all organizational policies and procedures.
2. Supports and facilitates positive interaction with others as evidenced by: professional maturity, respect for others, a team-centered approach, maintenance of confidential information, and an appreciation of a multicultural workplace.
3. Exhibits effective communication skills including proper use of agency communication systems.
4. Exhibits sound stewardship by effectively managing information resources to achieve the objectives of The Kentucky United Methodist Homes for Children and Youth.
5. Supports all functions that attain and maintain accreditation with regulatory agencies.
6. Participates in appropriate professional development programs and in services to attain and maintain competency.
7. Maintain effective skills necessary to respond to traumatized clients and support a trauma informed care system.
1. Assists with the daily food production and ensures high standards of sanitation preparation within Food Service Department as assigned by the Food Service Director.
2. Responsible for the filling of snacks and drinks.
3. Communicates all pertinent information to the Food Service Director.
4. Accountable for the proper documentation and timely completion of all paper work and reports associated with the requirements of the position.
5. Responsible for preparing dining hall for meals as assigned by the Food Service Director.
6. Assists with the responsibility for purchase and inventory of all foods and supplies in adherence with the fiscal year budget as assigned by Food Service Director.
7. Responsible for food station attendance during meals as assigned by the Food Service Director.
8. Attends all required meetings. Is prepared to discuss Dining Hall issues and is prepared to give a written response when needed.
9. Assists with receiving food deliveries and maintaining stock levels.
10. Responsible for stocking and cleaning of the storage areas as assigned by Food Service Director.
11. Completes assigned tasks in a timely and competent fashion.
12. Works cooperatively with all staff for the good of The Methodist Home and projects a positive public image.
13. Assumes responsibility for assuring the cleanliness, order, and upkeep of the Dining Hall, grounds and equipment.
14. Uses high standards of sanitation in all work.
15. Maintains responsibility and safety in the use of all supplies and equipment.
16. Assists with preparation and serving special guests and special event meals.
17. Other duties as assigned by the Food Service Director.
Status: Full Time
Hours: 40 hours per week plus overtime as scheduled, able to work every third weekend
Department: Food Services
Primary Shift: 6a-2p or 10a-6p
Fill out the application at kyumh.org/application. Please also send your letter of interest and resume via email to our Human Resources department