As a client of the Methodist Home, you have the privacy rights listed below:
1. You have the right to know why we need to ask you questions.
We will use and/or disclose protected health information (PHI) about you under the following guidelines:
2. You have the right to have protected health information kept confidential.
3. You may be asked to tell us information about yourself so that we will know which services are best for you.
4. We keep anything we learn about you confidential. This means, only those who are legally authorized to know, or who have a medical or legal need to know, will see your protected health information.
5. You have the right to refuse to answer questions.
6. We may need your help in collecting your protected health information. If you choose not to answer, we will fill in the information as best we can. You do not have to answer every question to get services.
7. You have a right to request restrictions on uses and disclosures of protected health information about you.
8. You have the right to request a listing of disclosures we have made after April 14th, 2003.
9. You have the right to request different ways to communicate with you.
10. If you prefer, you may request that we contact you via email, postal service, or through telephone at your work, home, or otherwise specified location.
11. You have the right to look at your protected health information.
12. We know how important it is that the information we collect about you is correct. If you think we made a mistake, you may ask us to correct it. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may file a privacy